Clinic and Internal Medicine
Education in the fields of veterinary medicine, such as infectious diseases
Staff members in this department are dedicated to quality education and clinical training for veterinary professional students. Academic and clinical sciences educated by this department include internal and special medicine, epidemiology and infection diseases, zoonotic diseases and diagnostic techniques, veterinary medical ethics, and an internal medicine clinic.
We aim to provide knowledge in the fields of veterinary medicine, such as infectious diseases, internal medicine clinics, epidemiology, clinical pathology, nutritional, metabolic, infectious, and zoonotic diseases. We strive to educate students to identify, control, and prevent animal diseases and outbreaks and protect public health.
The missions of the Department of Clinic and Internal Medicine are:
- Educate clinical and managerial professionals with international perspectives and competitive capabilities in veterinary medicine.
- The department focuses on conducting regional and/or international research, seminars, and workshops.
- The Veterinary Teaching Hospital, which belongs to the Department of Clinic and Internal Medicine, provides veterinary services for the owners of farms and pet animals.
- Explore new models for higher education that will exert a strong influence on the development of education in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
Learning Outcomes at Department:
- Students will learn about different laboratory tests and how to use them appropriately.
- Students will understand the way researchers do their research.
- Students will be familiar with many metabolic, nutritional, infectious, and zoonotic diseases and be able to differentiate between them.
- Students can do clinical examinations to diagnose and treat diseased animals.
- Students will be taught how to manage large and small animal farms.
Department Study Methods:
The study methods depend on theoretical and practical lectures; the assessment is achieved via two mid-term and final exams, essays, and reports.
Language used in department:
The language of instruction at the college is English for all courses.
Duration of Studies:
The college study duration is five academic years of full-time study.
Dr. Rizgar Raheem Sulaiman
Dr. Hardi Fattah Marif
Dr. Othman Jamal Nassrullah
Dr. Rebwar Bahir Ahmad
Dr. Kwestan Najm Ali
Dr. Hana Sherzad Raoof
Dr. Shakhawan Latif Mahmood
Dr. Basim Abdulwahid Ali